Here are some frequently asked questions that might help you with information you need about your appointment. If there is a question you have that is unanswered on our website, please do not hesitate to contact our Appointments Team on: +44 20 3212 0830
Our referring consultants are listed on our website with their neuro-speciality listed. Our Appointments Team can help guide you as well. Call +44 20 3212 0830 for guidance.
We do require a referral form from a medical source for all appointments.
- Self-referrals: ask your GP to refer to you to WNC or fill in the WNC referral form and fax it to our Appointments Team on fax number: +44 20 3212 0835
- Private patients: ask your Consultant for a referral to WNC, or visit our directory of Consultants to find out who can refer you.
- Overseas referrals: your doctor should fax a copy of a recent medical report in English to the administrative team at WNC Head Office fax number: +44 20 3212 0835. We will then contact you to discuss next steps, this may include an admission or appointment date, the name of the consultant and details of how you can pay for any appointments and treatment.
We ask that you give at least 24 hours’ notice where possible to avoid a cancellation charge. Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a 50% cancellation fee. To cancel an appointment please call +44 20 3212 0830 or email email@example.com stating clearly:
- The date of your appointment
- Type of test
- Location of test
- Name of the medical consultant or clinical staff member your appointment was scheduled to be with.
You will then be sent confirmation of your cancellation.
Our Prepare for your Care page explains each test and how to prepare for it. When you book an appointment, our team will give you any specific instructions if required. You may also wish to view the downloadable flyer related to your test which can be found on the same page.
Consent is the process by which you give permission to a health professional to provide your care and treatment.
You will be asked to complete and sign a consent form in advance of any tests. Please fill in the online Consent Form
Or if you prefer you can download the pdf Consent Form
See our Consent leaflet in advance of your appointment for more detailed information.
Your result turn-around time depends on which diagnostic test you have. When booking your appointment please let our bookings team know when your follow-up appointment is with your referring consultant. This will enable us to ensure your results are available in time. Your results will be sent to your referring consultant, who will explain and recommend the next step in your care pathway at your follow up appointment.
When booking your appointment you will be asked if you are privately insured or paying independently. We operate a strict 14 day payment policy. We accept:
- Credit or Debit Card. Please call our Appointments Team on +44 20 3212 0830 and have your card details ready. Please note we do not take American Express cards.
- By BACS payment, details supplied on the invoice sent to you after your treatment.
- By cheque. Please make cheques payable to Wimbledon Neurocare Ltd, and send to: Accounts Department, Wimbledon NeuroCare Ltd, 1 College Fields, 16 Prince Georges Road, London SW19 2PT
- For treatment covered by health insurance, we will require an authorisation code prior to booking your appointment.
If you are privately insured, you will need to obtain an authorisation code from your insurance company prior to booking an appointment. Once authorisation is given, let us know so we can send the invoice to the correct address. For information on using your insurance please visit the WNC insurance providers page.
If you are confused about what treatment or test you are having, please call our Appointments Team. They are experienced in dealing with insurance company claims and will be able to guide you through pre-authorisation. Call +44 20 3212 0830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call our team if you have a query or to book an appointment